There are endless varieties of teas available. If you have ever ventured into a tea shop you will understand the incredible array of teas that there are. I’m sure you have enjoyed a hot cup of chamomile tea, but are you aware of exactly how right it is for you?
Here’s a list of 7 reasons why you should drink chamomile tea:
1. If you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks then drink a few cups of chamomile tea throughout the day to help you feel calm and relaxed.
2. Because of it’s calming properties, chamomile is excellent for treating insomnia. Merely have a cup right before bed.
3. Chamomile tea contains antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties meaning it is excellent for treating stomach ailments including PMS cramps.
4. Suffer from horrible migraines? Take a trip to your kitchen and brew a cup of this magic tea for instant relief of common migraine symptoms. By drinking chamomile tea for your migraine, you will experience relief from nausea, blurred vision, light sensitivity and the throbbing in your head that so clearly defines a migraine headache.
5. If you drink this tea regularly you should also see an improvement in your skin. Because chamomile contains anti-inflammatory properties, acne flare-ups will be reduced drastically. This is especially beneficial if you suffer from rosacea. Before you read on, you should know, chamomile is not just for drinking …
6. Brew a cup of chamomile tea, allow it to cool and then gently rub the teabag over burns or a rash to instantly soothe. Chamomile is also an excellent healing property for treating hemorrhoids, insect bites, soothing chickenpox and frostbite. The antiviral combatants found in chamomile will work to heal wounds and reduce inflammation.
7. Puffy eyes? Tea bags placed gently over the eyes for a few minutes are a great de-puffer. This is also great for reducing dark eye circles. Generally, chamomile tea is a safe tea to drink and should only be avoided if:
You are pregnant, as it is considered to be an abortifacient, which means it has properties that induce abortion.
If you are on blood thinners, as it contains a substance called coumarin, which is also a blood thinner.
Instead, talk to your doctor before drinking chamomile if you are on blood thinners. As you can see, chamomile has many benefits for your health and well-being as well as physical ailments.